Google

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A1.5. Meine Familie

In this lesson we introduce vocabulary and grammar related to talking about your family.

A. Meine Familie
Ich heiße Susana und ich bin in Italien geboren. (My name is Susana and I was born in Italy)
Meine Eltern heißen Richard und Johanna. Mein Vater ist 59 und meine Mutter ist 56 Jahre alt. Sie wohnen in Rome. (My parents are Richard and Johanna. My father is 59 and my mother 56 years old. They live in Rome)
Meine Mutter ist Hausfrau von Beruf und sie ist Einzelkind. (My mother is housewife and she is only child)
Mein Vater ist Kellner von Beruf und er hat zwei Geschwister, einen Bruder und eine Schwester. Sie heißen Gisela und Hans. Meine Tante Gisela ist 57 und mein Onkel Hans ist 49 Jahre alt . Sie sind verheiratet und sie haben keine Kinder. (My father works as a waiter and he has 2 siblings, a brother and a sister. Their name is Gisela and Hans. My aunt Gisela is 57 and my uncle Hans is 49 years old. They are married and  they have no children)
Ich habe vier Cousinen. Sie heißen Sonja , Heike , Sabrina und Stefanie. (I have 4 cousins. They are called Sonja, Heike, Sabrina and Stefanie) 
Ich bin mit Jürgen verheiratet, wir leben in Sant Luis. Er ist 35 Jahre alt und Büroangestellter von Beruf. Wir haben zwei Kinder, sie heißen Peter und Jürgen. Peter ist 5 und Jürgen ist 3 Jahre alt. (I am married with Jurgen, we live in Sant Luis. He is 35 years old and he is clerical worker. We have 2 children, called Peter and Jurgen. Peter is 5 and Jurgen is 3 years old.) 
Ich habe zwei Schwestern, sie heißen Rosa und Silvia. Rosa ist 35 und Silvia ist 27 Jahre alt . Sie sind verheiratet und sie haben auch kinder. (I have 2 sisters, Rosa and Silvia. Rosa is 35 and Silvia is 27 years old. They are married and they also have children)
Mein Grossvater, der Vater von meinen Vater hieß Eduard, er lebt nicht mehr. Meine Grossmutter, die Mutter von meinem Vater, heißt Elke und sie ist 81 Jahre alt. (My grandpa, the father of my father was called Eduard, he lives no more. My grandmother, the mother of my father, is called Elke and she is 81 years old.)   
Die Eltern von meiner Mutter heißen Faustino und Gabriela. Sie sind beide gestorben. (The parents of my mother are called Faustino and Gabriela. They are both dad)


B. Die Familie - learn these words (Vortschatz) then try to fill out this form 
C. Die Verwandten = relatives; Here a list with relatives and some exercises

Now try to make the following exercise. Match the text with the images.
You can also try to learn new words using games like this one JClic Übung online ausführen   


*Notice in the phrases above that when you talk about a feminine (die) person (or thing), the possessive pronoun mein ends in e. When talking about a masculine (der) person (or thing),mein has no ending in the nominative (subject) case. Other possessive forms (sein = hisdein=your, etc.) work the same way. Grammatik: Mein/meine


Übungen

1) Ein Stammbaum - exercise A
2) Wer ist wer?
6) Online Rätsel (Das war ein gutes Übung für mich auch. Eher Niveau A2)


Have you seen this movie already? If not, maybe you should have some fun with it. Here the trailer.



Meine Frau, unsere Kinder und ich



11 comments :